One request we’ve been hearing since launching our Limited Edition Toolkit sets? To offer them as a stand-alone piece. And we understand—our vintage-style toolkits offer a stylish storage solution not currently on the market, and they’re so much more than a container for your tools & supplies. That’s why we’re thrilled to offer just what you’ve been waiting for—The Toolkit is now available for individual purchase. Featuring cold-rolled steel, a removable tray, and durable matte powder coating in 3 classic neutral hues, these 100% American-made toolkits are designed to last (and a stylish addition to any space).
Today we’re rounding up 3 ways we've been putting the toolkits to use at home, in the office, and on the go (plus even more creative ideas and storage inspo)—read on for more.
On Your Desk
Our workspace philosophy is that a well-appointed desk will feature your most indispensable tools organized & within reach, and the The Toolkit means you can achieve just that while keeping things tidy & minimal for clarity of mind.
During the design & prototyping process, we went through copious trial & error before settling on the exact dimensions to ensure it would be right at home on your desk with the perfect function to size ratio. Its sleek profile means it can nestle subtly in the corner, while still being large enough to stash all of the essentials.
Talk about an inspired workspace—The Toolkit allows you to keep your must-need tools close at hand while keeping your desktop uncluttered for creative brainstorming sessions. What’s inside? A full-size ruler & scissors, To Do Pad, Adhesive Notes, and an entire stock of pens & pencils.
On The Shelf
We’re all about the details—and The Toolkit is no exception. From selecting a matte finish for our powder coating (an unconventional choice for toolboxes), to choosing a completely monochromatic look including the Appointed nameplate, our toolkit was designed to not only be functional, but to be beautiful as well. The sleek, low-profile design & neutral hues of this piece make it an easy architectural accent on any bookshelf.
Whether using as long-term storage for photos & cards, or to simply stash your wires & chargers, this functional piece adds a minimal yet classic aesthetic that suits any space.
On The Go
These days, more and more of us find ourselves in hybrid work schedules, spending some days at home and some in the office. If this is your reality, it’s so important to invest in equipment that can easily transport your must-need tools with you from home to work. Especially if you work in a creative field, you never want to find yourself without what you need when inspiration strikes—in fact, portability was a key factor in planning the design & function of our toolkit, which features a sturdy handle and clasp closure to make it easy to take on the go.
Fill it with charcoal pencils and watercolors for art class or painting al fresco, or product samples & drafting tools for days at the office.
Even More Ways To Use Your Toolkit
- Memory Box—You finally have a spot to stash that birthday card from grandma once it’s worn out its welcome on your dresser. Use the toolkit to store cards & letters, ticket stubs, and polaroids that you can pull out when you need a dose of nostalgia.
- Bullet Planning Supplies—Paper tape, colorful felt tip pens, stamps & ink, and a straight edge or ruler are our top picks for bullet journaling. Now keep them all in once place for mapping out your next layout wherever life takes you.
- Craft & Hobby Storage—Whether you’ve caught the crochet & knitting bug or started taking pottery classes, you’ll need a spot to store your odds & ends.
- Makeup & Skincare—Rethink your jumbled bathroom drawer or worn-out makeup bag. A toolkit can replace your current storage in a snap & adds a hint of style to your everyday routine.
- Portable Kitchen—We’ve all been there: you show up to the Airbnb for a weekend getaway and the cooking supplies leave something to be desired. Safely pack your chef’s knife, coveted spices, and a jar of good olive oil for an on-the-go cooking kit.
The Toolkit offers a simple storage solution with a variety of uses. Let us know how you’re putting it to use in the comments below, and make sure to pick up one of these limited-edition pieces before they’re gone.