D.C. Shop Small
The last two years have demonstrated the resiliency and heart of small businesses—through a major shift in the way we shop and the way we work. What better time than now to prioritize shopping small for the holidays? Today we're highlighting a few of our favorite Washington-area shops for all of your holiday gifting needs. From the something-for-everyone bookstore to crowd-pleasing home accessories and one-of-a-kind art pieces, these local businesses have everything you need for memorable gifts that support local entrepreneurs and artists.
- Salt & Sundry—Explore eclectic tableware, organic bath products, and curated gift sets at every price point.
- Politics and Prose—A local independent bookstore with best-selling titles, topical journalism, and an expanded children's section.
- Shop Made in DC—Dedicated to supporting D.C. makers and artists. Find everything from baked goods to handmade jewelry.
- Shop Shelter—Fine jewelry and everyday minimal pieces carefully selected and designed by independent artists.
- Terratorie—Artist Torie Partridge creates illustrated maps to help you celebrate your cities and neighborhood.
- Take Care DC—A holistic spa and retailer of natural skincare, beauty and wellness brands.
- Penny Post—An independent stationery store in Alexandria, VA that stocks paper products and accessories from around the world.
- Shop Duly Noted—Curated and unique paper goods and gifts for anyone on your list.
- Solid State Books—A full-service general interest bookstore with a deep and diverse selection of fiction and non-fiction titles.
- Appointed District Shop—Don't forget to swing by our flagship store in Ivy City D.C. this weekend for Small Business Saturday. We're offering up to 30% off in-store, exclusive products, and expanded customization options.
Looking for Appointed in your area? Check out our store locator to explore the best local shops right in your neighborhood. Happy shopping!